Thursday, April 1, 2010

Indra's 3rd offense:Kills a great devotee Vrtrasura and Rsi Dadhici

Vrtrasura was a devotee in the guise of a demon and he was performing his devotional service on the battlefield by fighting with Indra. Vrtrasura the demon was created because of Indra's offense of killing Vishwarupa.To protect himself from the reaction of killing Vishwarupa , Indra had to commit 2 more offenses - asking Rsi Dadhici for his bones to make the thunderbolt(i.e asks Dadhici for his life) and kill a great dvotee like Vrtrasura.

Lessons from 3rd offense:

Offenses are entangling. To protect ourselves from reactions to our offense we commit further offenses and get entangled in the mess. Best is to take a humble position and ask for forgiveness from the Vaishnavas and the Lord and tolerate the reaction instead of trying to counter attack it with further arrangements.

We see that Indra does not learn between these offenses as he is overwhelmed in trying to counteract these offenses.On hearing this story we can see the correlation between his offenses and the reaction and may wonder why Indra does not humbly accept the situation and try to understand Krsna's message for him.However in our personal situation when we encounter difficult times we fail to realize it is due to our past offenses.My personal situation is not very different from Indra.I fail to learn the lessons from difficult situations. I am very far from the realization that they are due to my past Krma even if I theoretically understand it. I spend a lot of time in trying to counteract the difficulty and forget on using this as an opportunity to further my relationship with Krsna. I pray that this important message stays with me.

The Lord has used His devotee Indra to perform these pastimes to teach me some wonderful messages and I hope and pray that I can learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth --> Heavenly Planets-->Universe where the Lord's pastimes are going on--> Goloka Vrindavan

SB 10.1.23 The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Śrī Kṛṣṇa, who has full potency, will personally appear as the son of Vasudeva. Therefore ...