Friday, December 24, 2010

Lessons from Killing of Putana

See Devotees from Krsna's point of view:
Krsna appreciates whatever little devotion one has and whatever service one does. Putana was pretending to serve Krsna but had the ulterior motive of harming Krsna.However Krsna only saw that she offered to feed Him milk and there fore granted her liberation and a permanent residence in Goloka Vrindavan.
Who am I to find fault with devotees who are so nicely and lovingly engaged in service to Krsna.

 Srila Prabhupada's quote :
"But Krsna did not take that. Just like Pütanä. Pütanä wanted to kill Krsna. That was his (her) plan. But Krsna, because He sucked the breast of Pütanä, He took him (her) as His mother. This is Krsna. Krsna never takes the bad side. Krsna takes always the bright side. Pütanä, although she came to cheat Krsna, but how Krsna will cheat? Krsna thought that "I have sucked her breast, so she is My mother. She should go to the same place where Yashodamayi is going." This is Krsna."

Putana's disguise:
Putana disguised herself as a Gopi and pretended to perform the service of of nursing baby Krsna - however she did this to satisfy her ulterior motive. However Krsna exposed her reality very soon.
I maybe disguising myself as a pure devotee and performing so called devotional service to satisfy some of my ulterior motives. However over time if I don't set my consciousness on the right track Krsna being very merciful will expose me not only to myself but to the entire devotee community just like He exposed Putana's real motives and form to everyone- it will be very embarrassing and difficult mercy to take.
I must be mindful of my motivations and desires and correct them else Krsna will intervene and that purification will be difficult to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth --> Heavenly Planets-->Universe where the Lord's pastimes are going on--> Goloka Vrindavan

SB 10.1.23 The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Śrī Kṛṣṇa, who has full potency, will personally appear as the son of Vasudeva. Therefore ...