Friday, April 15, 2011

The Lord's Response to Indra's prayers

SB 10.27.15:
The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: My dear Indra, it was out of mercy that I stopped the sacrifice meant for you. You were greatly intoxicated by your opulence as King of heaven, and I wanted you to always remember Me.

SB 10.27.16:
A man blinded by intoxication with his power and opulence cannot see Me nearby with the rod of punishment in My hand. If I desire his real welfare, I drag him down from his materially fortunate position.


Earlier before lifting the Govardhan Hill tha Lord had expressed transcendental anger over Indra :


SB 10.25.17:
Since the demigods are endowed with the mode of goodness, the false pride of considering oneself the Lord should certainly not affect them. When I break the false prestige of those bereft of goodness, My purpose is to bring them relief.



Inspite of the purification given by the Lord and Indra's understanding of his fallen condition Indra still acts out of pride when the Lord comes to get the Parijata Flower for Satyabhama.

Oh Lord, I pray sincerely : inspite of all the mercy and chances to improve You have given to me- I remain stuck with my anarthas and I repeat the same mistakes. I cannot overcome my conditioning without your help and protection. Please help me to overcome these anarthas and develop Love for you- my Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth --> Heavenly Planets-->Universe where the Lord's pastimes are going on--> Goloka Vrindavan

SB 10.1.23 The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Śrī Kṛṣṇa, who has full potency, will personally appear as the son of Vasudeva. Therefore ...