Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Intelligent persons abandon everything else to obtain the Supreme Personality of Godhead

Rukmini uvaca from the chapter Krsna teases Rukmini:
SB 10.60.38: You are the embodiment of all human goals and are Yourself the final aim of life. Desiring to attain You, O all-powerful Lord, intelligent persons abandon everything else. It is they who are worthy of Your association, not men and women absorbed in the pleasure and grief resulting from their mutual lust.

From the purport:

"In fact, only those who have given up all such material conceptions of sense gratification and have taken exclusively to the Lord's loving service can understand who their real friend and companion is — Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa Himself."

Oh Lord help me follow in the footsteps of the intelligent persons mentioned her. Help me give up my attachments , help me give up my mundane expectations from people and relatives - those bind me down and block me in furthering my relationship withYou
Help me overcome bad habits that drive me to mundane sense gratification like the internet, like the dirty joy derived from gossip and criticism of devotees. I do not wish to be blocked by these in getting closer to You and serving You.
Please lift me from my past conditioning and habits that block me from performing unmotivated uninterrupted service to You. I wish to serve You and Your devotees , please help me to give myself exclusively to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth --> Heavenly Planets-->Universe where the Lord's pastimes are going on--> Goloka Vrindavan

SB 10.1.23 The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Śrī Kṛṣṇa, who has full potency, will personally appear as the son of Vasudeva. Therefore ...