Friday, January 14, 2011

Tolerance

Why "Tolerance" in difficult situations?
  1. Tolerance because its Krishna's mercy to correct us
  2. Tolerance because its our karma
  3. Tolerance because it is Krishna's plan for us - as a service tolerate, if we do not tolerate we are offensive to Krishna
  4. Tolerance because we are not the controllers and cannot change the situation that is in Krishna's control
  5. Tolerance so that I don't retaliate and create further entangling Karma
  6. Tolerance because I have received so much mercy in my life and everything cannot happen the way I want it
  7. Tolerance because this is an opportunity to grow, because Krishna is taking personal care of me by putting me in this situation - if I dont I will miss this opportunity
  8. Tolerance because this is just a small token of what I deserve, I deserve much worse but Krishna is so merciful He is only giving me a token
What do we need to be able to tolerate?
  1. Gratitude : it gives us the ability to assimilate the Lord's grace
  2. Ask for Forgiveness in the mood of Lord Brahma asking for forgiveness in the Brahma Vimohana Lila
  3. Forgive the perpetrators
  4. Accept Responsibility

What do we learn when we tolerate difficult situations?
  1. My real identity is I am Krishna's servant - difficult situations or people cannot change that
  2. Since my identity is of Krishna's servant - my duty is to serve in all situations. I should not lament abt the externals
  3. I cannot change Krishna's plan
  4. I need to forgive - the instruments of my karma are not responsible for the situation- Myself and the three modes of material nature are responsible.
  5. We become increasingly situated in the spiritual identity and conception of life
  6. Dissolving of the false ego.
  7. this brought me closer to Krishna - He is so merciful
  8. Krishna is very merciful- He arranged the situation to teach me a specific lesson to target a specific anartha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth --> Heavenly Planets-->Universe where the Lord's pastimes are going on--> Goloka Vrindavan

SB 10.1.23 The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Śrī Kṛṣṇa, who has full potency, will personally appear as the son of Vasudeva. Therefore ...