Friday, January 14, 2011

We cannot change Krishna's plan : thus accept and tolerate

When I am in difficulty I try with all my might to come out of it, identify the perpetrator, indulge in the blame game and many such acts except "Accept whatever is in store for me". There is some acceptance however there is more retaliation to the situation.


In the Brahma Vimohana Lila - Lord Brahma was bewildered when he saw all the calves, cows and cowherd boys with Krishna even when he had stolen them a year ago. SG says:

SB 10.13.44
"Thus because Lord Brahmā wanted to mystify the all-pervading Lord Kṛṣṇa, who can never be mystified, but who, on the contrary, mystifies the entire universe, he himself was put into bewilderment by his own mystic power."

SB 10.13.45
"As the darkness of snow on a dark night and the light of a glowworm in the light of day have no value, the mystic power of an inferior person who tries to use it against a person of great power is unable to accomplish anything; instead, the power of that inferior person is diminished."

Lord Brahma wanted to mystify Krishna but he was put into beweilderment as a result of His own plan.

In the purport to 10.13.44 Srila Prabhupada writes:

"Instead of defeating Krishna, Brahma himself was defeated, for he could not understand what Krishna was doing. Since Brahma, the chief person within this universe, was so bewildered, what is to be said of so-called scientists and philosophers? Sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja [Bg. 18.66]. We should give up all our tiny efforts to defy the arrangement of Krishna. Instead, whatever arrangements He proposes, we should accept. This is always better, for this will make us happy. The more we try to defeat the arrangement of Krishna, the more we become implicated in Krishna's maya (daivi hy esha guna-mayi mama maya duratyaya). But one who has reached the point of surrendering to the instructions of Krishna (mam eva ye prapadyante) is liberated, free from krishna-maya (mayam etam taranti te [Bg. 7.14]). The power of Krishna is just like a government that cannot be overcome. First of all there are laws, and then there is police power, and beyond that is military power. Therefore, what is the use of trying to overcome the power of the government? Similarly, what is the use of trying to challenge Krishna?"

The difficulty hurts because of breaking of a certain relationship, loss of reputation, feeling betrayed, etc.It hurts because the material conception of life that I carry needs these things to be in place for me to happy and when these break down the material conception of a happy life suffers and thus cause pain.The pain and betrayal is too much for the false ego - if it accepts everything the complete conception of the self will break down and because that is intolerable we retaliate. 


Instead of wasting my energy on trying to fix the situation, or clarify my position, it is better that I continue doing my service to the Lord.None of the measures can give me any peace of mind because the difficulty remains for a reason in spite of me trying so many ways to overcome it. The reason it remains is so that I learn to accept it as Krishna's plan. The sooner I accept it as Krishna's plan the sooner I will feel mental relief. The sooner I realize that I am not the controller Krishna is , the sooner I get relief - the difficulty may remain but my perception would have changed.I can get relief from the difficulty only by accepting the situation and tolerating it. I cannot change Krishna's plan. Everything that is happening to me is under His divine arrangement and who am I to be able to change Krishna's plan or fool Krishna by trying creative ways to resolve the situation.
As long as I realize no matter what happens my identity as a servant of Krishna cannot be changed by any force.That identity remains and nobody and no force can change that. Nobody can take away my relationship with Krishna. As soon as I situate myself in such a conception no dualities will affect me, I will see everything as Krishna's loving hand of reciprocation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth --> Heavenly Planets-->Universe where the Lord's pastimes are going on--> Goloka Vrindavan

SB 10.1.23 The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Śrī Kṛṣṇa, who has full potency, will personally appear as the son of Vasudeva. Therefore ...