Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ambarisa Maharaj overlooks offenses by Durvasa Muni and forgives him

Ambarisa Maharaj prays to the Sudarshan Chakra to offer shelter and protection to Durvasa Muni - and because of his prayers the Sudarshan Chakra becomes peaceful and stops burning Durvasa Muni.

On seeing this attitude of Ambarisa Maharaj wherein he protects Durvasa Muni from the Chakra even when Durvasa Muni had created a fiery demon to kill him, Durvasa Muni si amazed and thus able to fathom the greatness of the devotees of the Lord.

He says:


SB 9.5.14: Durvāsā Muni said: My dear King, today I have experienced the greatness of devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, for although I have committed an offense, you have prayed for my good fortune.

SB 9.5.15: For those who have achieved the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the master of the pure devotees, what is impossible to do, and what is impossible to give up?

SB 9.5.16: What is impossible for the servants of the Lord? By the very hearing of His holy name one is purified.

SB 9.5.17: O King, overlooking my offenses, you have saved my life. Thus I am very much obliged to you because you are so merciful.

SB 9.5.20: Durvāsā Muni said: I am very pleased with you, my dear King. At first I thought of you as an ordinary human being and accepted your hospitality, but later I could understand, by my own intelligence, that you are the most exalted devotee of the Lord. Therefore, simply by seeing you, touching your feet and talking with you, I have been pleased and have become obliged to you.

Forgiveness is one of the greatest quality of a devotee. Ambarisa Maharaj did not take offense even when Durvasa Muni created a fiery demon to kill him, then do I even have any right to feel offended in anmy situation.
 
If I can see everything as a mercy of the Lord and maintain the mood of service towards the Vaishnavas I would be protected from committing offenses to Vaishnavas and also never feel offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth --> Heavenly Planets-->Universe where the Lord's pastimes are going on--> Goloka Vrindavan

SB 10.1.23 The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Śrī Kṛṣṇa, who has full potency, will personally appear as the son of Vasudeva. Therefore ...