Friday, February 9, 2018

To Cross Over: Become detached from wealth and family

SB 3.25.39-40 — Thus the devotee who worships Me, the all-pervading Lord of the universe, in unflinching devotional service, gives up all aspirations to be promoted to heavenly planets or to become happy in this world with wealth, children, cattle, home or anything in relationship with the body. I take him to the other side of birth and death.
  • unflinching devotional service
    • engaging oneself in full devotional service
    • accepting the Supreme Lord as all in all
    • if one thus serves with unflinching faith, then one has achieved all other opulences and performed all other duties!
    • (Above points from Srila Prabhupada's purport to this verse)
  • gives up aspirations to be promoted to heavenly planets
    • can I give up my aspiration to become a popular person, a well-known person, a person with a following, living in opulence, flying around being known as a jet-setter
    • All these desires are blocking me from crossing over to Krishna's side
    • Serving Krishna and His devotees with unflinching faith is the greatest opulence, none of these are worth comparing to the Greatest Jewel of service to Krishna and His devotees
  • or become happy in this world with wealth, children, cattle, home or anything in relationship with the body
    • I did not learn my lessons, tried very hard to be happy with family life but the happiness was never there. Because I did not learn then Krishna has now taken away that chance from me. Am I still going to hanker for that or am I going to move forward in developing love and service towards Krishna and His devotees?
      Image result for family attachment bondage
      I tried to hold on to happiness in family life but it was constantly slipping away from my hands
    • My attachment to money: Learned a wonderful thing from a gentleman in a Gita class I was teaching on Thursday, Feb 8th, - he told me when we know we are not the Proprietors of our wealth, but Krishna is then we become peaceful and we learn to let go. Krishna is the Proprietor of all my wealth and whatever anyone owes me as well then we become extremely peaceful. Krishna is also the Supreme Controller ( mayadhyaksena prakriti, sarva loka maheshwaram) and the Supreme Well wisher of all living entities. While I do the needful in wealth management, I need to rest in great peace with the fact that Krishna is going to take care of me and in the past, he has taken care of me and is taking care of me in very tangible and intangible ways.












SB 3.25.41 — The terrible fear of birth and death can never be forsaken by anyone who resorts to any shelter other than Myself, for I am the almighty Lord, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the original source of all creation, and also the Supreme Soul of all souls.

Why are my name, fame, prestige, wealth, popularity, righteousness more important to me than the shelter of the Lord? These things are not going to let me reach the Lotus Feet of the Supreme Lord, in fact, these will pull me away from the Lord.

I sincerely pray at the Lotus Feet of the Vaishnavas that I am able to overcome my intense attachment to these things and serve the Lord sincerely with a sincere pure heart of spreading knowledge about Him and knowledge given by Him to everyone on whatever platform I go to


No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth --> Heavenly Planets-->Universe where the Lord's pastimes are going on--> Goloka Vrindavan

SB 10.1.23 The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Śrī Kṛṣṇa, who has full potency, will personally appear as the son of Vasudeva. Therefore ...